Projects and code samples
Move to Lexington, KY
Plotting JSON datasets from Open Data Lexington and using the Google Maps API to show
relevant points of interest for anyone thinking of moving to Lexington, Kentucky.
Trending on the Bay
Web app over Python Flask framework using eBay Search API to look up sold item
listings and present an array of averages for new and not-new items to gauge
if something is worth selling on the flea market platform.
Ruby script that will scan a directory of photos and rename filenames to prepend the datestamp of when the photo was taken, based on the available EXIF data.
Go script to quickly load Accounts, Contacts into SugarCRM instance. Optionally creates relationships between the two modules.
Contributions to other projects
Ruby on Rails blogware - Documentation, Ruby on Rails, rspec
- Fixed bug in admin filter that was hiding drafts when displaying all articles
- Fixed up some UI consistencies and control panel messages showing to the end user.
- Copyedits on documentation and user interface dialogs
Classifieds site software - PHP, documentation
- Copyedits on documentation and user interface messages
- Input validation of new admin entered country, region or city
- Adding in missing configuration values, Australian timezones
Plain English tips and guides to start using Git for your version control habits.
- Writing examples on how to use Git commands
- Expanding or clarifying guides based on issues raised by other users
- Updating links to sites and resources
- Check formatting of style guides, making sure they all conform and are well formed
Upgrading to CRE Loaded 6.4
Checklist of notes on the unfortunate task of when upgrading to CRE Loaded version 6.4 just doesn't go all the way.
WAMP set up and configuration tips
Article written in the yore of 2003~2005 with simple reminder tips and tricks on setting up a local development environment for WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
Mycroft Project: Search Engine Plugins
Contributions to the search engine plugin for Firefox, IE7 and other OpenSearch capable browsers. Basically nothing more than picking out the GET search queries of websites and cataloguing them for others to use/search in future.